Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Pitts crew left today and it seems so quiet. I don't think they were ready to leave and I certainly wasn't ready for them to leave. Melissa had Jayden and Evan in the car and Kyler ran over to a small tree and wrapped his arms and legs around it and cried "I don't want to leave, I want to stay here!" Melissa had to peel him off the tree.

Little Evan is talking so much! I can't understand everything he says, but Melissa serves as his interpreter. He is a very early riser - up around 6:00 am. He and Melissa were in the basement this morning playing with the toys, so I joined them. He is so funny hamming it up when he's not having to compete with two older brothers.

I had to work yesterday (yes, it was terrible to be working when I knew they were at my house and I was missing out on all the fun!). Jayden waited up for me (9:30) so that we could go to Wal Mart to get Melissa's birthday present. Jayden and I were having a discussion about the benefits of being the oldest in the family, since we are both the oldest. I mentioned that Uncle Mike is my little brother and that he is 6 years younger than me. Jayden's response, "Then why do you look younger than him?" Sorry Mike....

They'll be back on Friday - I can't wait!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

You didn't mention how excited you were that we were coming!