Thursday, July 1, 2010

Catching up...

I'm still so far behind on my blogging - maybe next week I can catch up - I've got pictures to post from the beach.  But, this week we're at the lake  and I just haven't been in the mood to blog.  They boys spent the night with us on Wednesday night and we packed a lot of fun into a short period of time.
We stayed outside until 10:15 on Wednesday night - which is extremely late for the boys!  The world is a different place after dark and they boys seemed to enjoy the "after dark fun."  We were down by the water and watched the sun set behind the mountains and the stars come out.  Mr John (our next door neighbor from Australia) was out for an evening swim and the boys got to visit with him.  Jayden said that he was talking Australian to him :).  Fireflies were everywhere and Evan was fascinated.  (on Thursday morning he kept asking "where the fireflies go???")  I bought these little poppers and they were a big hit.  You throw them on the ground and they pop - and in the dark you can see a little spark. 
Even though we were outside late (the boys are usually in bed by 8), we couldn't skip the baths :)  I put Evan in the tub and couldn't believe how black his little feet were...its been a long time since I've seen such dirty little feet...a sure sign summertime!

On Thursday we packed up the boat and went fishing and swimming and then headed to the lakeside park to play and cook hot dogs.  Evan was the only one to catch a fish (again), but we all had a good time!












No comments: