Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Some special time with my boys...


Phillip was in Rogers laying wood floors in the Pitts house for days before I got there. I had a few things that I had to do in LR and I had to work on Monday. However, I joined him in Rogers and had a little one-on-one time with each of my boys.

Phillip and I visited Kyler's class:





This is Kyler's teacher.  She is an OBU graduate - Kyler really likes her....

The school was decorated as a cruise ship for grandparent's day.  Below is a picture of Kyler and Pop playing some golf on the ship's deck:


Pop had to head back to the house to work on the floors.  Kyler wanted to go to the Lakehouse, so we grabbed some McDonalds for lunch and ate at the lake.  Afterwards we went to Petco and looked at all of the animals.  All of the boys love to go there and just look around.  Then we went to ToysRus.  I told Kyler I wasn't buying anything, we would just look.  He was so good today....he stayed right with me, held my hand, didn't ask for a toy....he was a perfect angel.  So I just had to buy him a toy for being so good!  It is great to be a grandmother!  I told him as we were leaving ToysRus that he had been so good I was sure that Santa had moved him back to the "Nice" list.

Evan and I went to the mall so that he could play on the playground there.  Afterwards we went to the food court and had Lo Mein noodles (his favorite).  I couldn't talk him into doing any shopping, so we went home to play.  We spent most of the afternoon in his closet, whispering.  I don't know why, because Pop was busy working on the floors and not looking for us....We turned out the light, covered up with a blanket and got a flashlight.  He even got me a little stool so that I wouldn't have to sit on the floor.  He is such a sweetie!

Pop and I visited Jayden's class:



Jayden and Carter Bunn (his grandparents live in Arkadelphia) playing shuffle board on the ship's deck.



Again, Pop had to get back to laying those floors - Melissa is such a slave driver ;)   Jayden and I both love Panera's, so of course we went there for lunch.  Since Jayden doesn't mind shopping, we went to the Mall and did a little shopping.  We ran into Santa who was taking a break and talking to a lady at the information counter.  Afterwards we went to Barnes and Nobel to find a book that Jayden wanted.  We found the perfect book and I bought one too.  They have a Starbucks in the B&N, so we bought hot chocolate with whipped cream (yum) and sat and drank our hot chocolate and read our books.  It was GREAT.  I'm telling you, there were several grandmothers in there that were wishing their grandson would sit and read with them in Starbucks!

I love my one-on-one time with the boys...they are so different when they are by themselves.  I know someday they will not want to hang out with their grandmother, but as long as they will.......

No comments: