Saturday, October 15, 2016

Headed West for Fall Foliage

We left Fayetteville right after my Thursday class (3:30). I left my car in Harmon Garage and walked down to Dickson Street for Phillip to pick me up. We drove as far as Enid on this day and stayed at a campground in town.

Friday morning we were up early and headed to a Starbucks just down the street. We are traveling Hwy 412 all the way across Oklahoma. We were on another highway for a short time to access I-25. We arrived in Trinidad at Dinner time and found BlackJack's Steakhouse and Saloon right on Main street. It was a typical Western Diner and did not disappoint. After a steak, salad and baked potato we were ready to set up camp. We stayed on Lake Trinidad at the Carpios Ridge State Park campground ($31). This was a very nice campground with modern, clean showers. We definitely should stay here again if in the area. We enjoyed an absolutely beautiful sunset last night and a beautiful sunrise this morning. One of the things I like about taking the Wonderlust is that it forces us to go outside and enjoy nature. We just bundled up, grabbed our coffee and sat outside to enjoy the sunrise and watch the wildlife wake up (birds and rabbits).

We are having a great time!

Sent from my iPad

No comments: