Friday, August 12, 2016

Worst travel day ever....so far

I naively thought that because I booked on a flight that was non-stop to XNA that things would go smoothly....no worrying about connecting flights, etc. Was I ever wrong! Boarded our plane at 2:00 (on time) and headed out to the runway....and sat....and sat. The sun was shining at LaGuardia and in NWA so I'm not sure what the problem was. At a little before 5 we started moving and everyone was excited. Then the pilot says "we have to go to the gate so that we can gas up. You should go ahead and de-plane and stretch your legs....and take all of your belongings....and everyone must leave the plane....he was lying. He knew that the flight was canceled, but wanted to avoid a riot. So I scrambled around, called Miranda for advise and called AA to get another flight.

"Lucky" me there was another flight at 5:45 but it had been delayed so I might be able to make it. Problem is that it was at another concourse and at LaGuardia you can't move from one concourse to another - you have to take a shuttle. Make it to that flight to find that it was delayed a little more, but they assured us the pilot could make up some time in the air and with the change it time it looked like I might make it to Chicago to catch my flight to NWA. Repeat above (the part where we sit out on the runway for hours!). We finally got in the air around 9 pm. And that flight to XNA....those that made that flight were already home....

Another couple of hours at the airport trying to get my tickets situated so that I could get on the early morning flight, finding a hotel, and then trying to find my luggage.

Thank goodness I got a hotel, but my luggage is still at LaGuardia.

Friday morning, 7:04 flight, status is "On Time." Say a little prayer.....

Sent from my iPad

No comments: