Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas 2013

The festivities began on Monday, December 23.  First the Johnson's arrived and then shortly thereafter Mim and Mike arrived.  The Pitts left Fayetteville this day as well, but their first stop was Sheridan and they arrived in Arkadelphia on Tuesday around noon.  The past several years we have had our big meal on Christmas Eve, which has worked out well because we can eat more at our Christmas morning breakfast.  I'm not sure which one the kids like better....maybe the breakfast because by now most everybody is a little tired of Turkey and Dressing.

We had an early dinner so that we would have time to work in all the Christmas Eve rituals...open Christmas PJs, read stories, leave cookies for Santa and treats for his reindeer...and all of these events being captured on photos.

Miranda took these photos on Christmas Eve as I was reading the traditional stories - I want you to know that I am in hog-heaven - surrounded by all of my grandchildren ;)





Just messing around with the family:









 Christmas Eve Dinner:
 Opening the Christmas PJs:
 Trying to get a group photo...I wish I was better with
Photo Shop...everybody looks good in one picture or the
other :)









Leaving treats for Santa's reindeer

 IT IS CHRISTMAS!!!!!














No comments: