Saturday, December 31, 2011

Crystal Bridges Art Museum

Great!  I really enjoyed our outing to Crystal Bridges.  I could not believe that there is no admission fee! Of course pictures from my phone cannot do it justice, but this will give you an idea of some of the different exhibits.




This artist self-sculpture was amazing...so realistic, but larger than life.  It even had real hair (wiskers and on his head).










The picture below is by Jackson Pollock...remember the scene in "All I want for Christmas" when they are in the gallery?  So funny that I remember the artist's name:




This painting was a BUNCH of dots:


The exhibit included an original  Norman Rockwell - the Rosie the Riviter painting.  I have seen that picture a hundred times, but it was different seeing the original!

This is a picture down one of the hallways:


The building is very modern and beautiful.  We will definitely go back!  The grounds are not totally finished yet and I know they will be beautiful.  The building includes a restaurant and Phillip and I both enjoyed our meal.  Wear good walking shoes and enjoy all the trails (or bring a bike).

No comments: