Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dam Night Run

5K in 39 minutes and 37 seconds! I can't believe that I beat my (I thought) unattainable "goal" of 40 minutes. It was so exhilarating to run down that last section knowing that the end was near.
It was so hot and humid last night. I was glad that Kara was there with me before the race started since there was a lot of hanging around before the start. Now as soon as the start pistol was sounded I never saw her again.... she has run marathons....but she was there at the finish with a bottle of water for me... just waiting....like an angel....thanks Kara!

Post note: I don't want you to think that I am under the illusion that 40 minutes is a good time for a 5K in the "real world" - the world of people that are actually joggers. However, in "my world" - the world of someone who has only been jogging for a couple of months, who the first month took tylenol before jogging for the pain - I'm just relieved that I didn't come in last...that they didn't have to stay late for me to cross the finish line....and 40 minutes is pretty exciting.

2 comments:

The Williams said...

I am so proud of you - that is a great accomplishment! Kara was really glad you were there too. Wish I lived closer so I could join in all the fun!

Kara Oosterhous said...

Wahooo... why to go CC! I was so glad you were there too, it was fun to catch up and it kept me from getting nervous! We will have to do it again! You did awesome!