Friday, July 3, 2009

2 Lessons...

I have learned two very important lessons in the past two days.

Lesson #1: Always acclimate your fancy new camera to the temperature where pictures will be taken. I have been so excited about using my new camera to take beautiful pictures of my beautiful daughter and her beautiful family. I have dreamed of all the great photos of each child individually, together, with Melissa and Kerry, etc., etc..... But, when my big day came, my camera was fogged over - totally. I waited and waited - still fogged. Thank goodness one of their friends had a fancy camera and she has had hers long enough to learn this important lesson. The window of opportunity was not long (3 little boys, white shirts, ocean, sand) so after Shelly took a few pictures, we went upstairs and picked up our beachbag and Phillip and I headed to our hotel. By the time we got to the car, my camera was clear - it took about 45 minutes to clear...

Lesson #2: Watch your speed when going through Bernice, LA in a little red sports car. The speed limit was 55 and all of a sudden it was 35....I saw the police man start up his car and turn on his lights....but there was an SUV right next to me...maybe he would get him. No such luck! I can't remember the last time that I got a ticket, so when I pulled over I asked Phillip, "do I stay in the car or get out?" He told me to stay put. I unbuckled (mistake) to reach over and get my drivers license. (Note: I wear my seatbelt 100% of the time) The policeman came to my window and said "Is there a reason you are not wearing your seat belt?" Me: "I unbuckled to get my driver's license." Policeman: "Don't you know to stay buckled for the officer?" Me: "No, I don't ever get stopped by a police officer." Policeman: "Well if you speed in Bernice, you'll get stopped." To recap....Lesson #2a - don't speed in Bernice. Lesson #2b - keep your seatbelt buckled for the police officer to see or you'll also get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

No comments: