Sunday, October 13, 2013

Helping with a cattle drive in Dolores Colorado this morning

We saw a cattle drive in Dolores Colorado again!  Phillip and I were talking as we were traveling this road about the last time we came through here and saw the cattle drive.  Click the link here where I blogged about it before.  We could not believe our luck when we hit a cattle drive again (yes, I thought it was lucky that the road was blocked with cows).  There were several young cowgirls, but this time a couple of young men were helping.  




This little girl was so cute.  She was busy watching her Momma, but when she saw that I was taking her picture, she looked at me and grinned so big!  I think that she has done this before :)



Last time we saw the drive it was spring and there were lots of young calves. The calves were not so little this time.

I think, but I'm not sure, that this loop had the best fall colors.  It is hard to decide because everything was so pretty.  We saw snow in the upper elevations and in fact it was snowing while we were going over the passes on this route.  This is the route that is VERY scarey!  Right out of Ouray the road climbs a pass and it is very narrow with unbelievable drop-offs on the passenger side.  I need to remember that next time we take this loop we should start on the east side of the loop out of Durango so that we are not on the outside ledge for the scarey part.


















1 comment:

The Williams said...

These pictures are beautiful! What a wonderful trip. By the way...you look great!