Saturday, January 19, 2013

The ankle is healing.....

The healing process for this ankle has been slow.  I broke the ankle on November 4 and was on crutches until January 7 - 9 weeks on crutches!   I have never broken a bone before, so I really didn't know what to expect, but I was hoping that I would just start walking on the day the doctor told me the break was healed.  That didn't happen.  I have been in physical therapy twice a week since then and I am still wearing the boot.  After the first 3 visits to PT, things were going good.  I could tell that my leg and ankle were getting stronger every day.  I had even started riding a stationary bike at the gym....big progress.  AND THEN THURSDAY.....my therapist worked me over! The entire visit was even more painful that it usually is, and  I have been in pain ever since!  My entire leg hurts and I can barely walk even with the boot on.  However, it does feel better today than it did yesterday.  I am amazed by our body's ability to heal itself and this little set back is not going to do me in.  But I will have a talk with that Therapist on Monday!

No comments: