Sunday, November 4, 2012

It started out to be a good day.....

I
I had been for my walk and was heading to the dock to sit and enjoy the water for a while.  It was a hickory nut that brought me down.  We have been talking about how dangerous that hill is....in fact, we have hired someone to put in steps from the deck to the bottom of the hill....he is supposed to start this week!   I had to crawl on my hands and knees up the hill and my neighbors helped me get up the stairs so I was driveway level, then Miranda and Adam took me to the hospital, Melissa is staying with me tonight and Kerry is covering home base for Melissa. Whew! I am a lot of trouble. Looks like a bad sprain but will hear from Ortho doc tomorrow.  ER doc said it looks like I have broken the ankle before but I thought it was just a sprain last time.  Thankful for neighbors and family that comes running!

Follow-up:  We stayed in Rogers for a week and I stayed in bed, not able to put any weight on the ankle.  My regular doctor in LR was on vacation, so I just make an appointment to see him on Monday.  He took another x-ray and said that the ankle is clearly BROKEN.  I knew this felt much different than the last time I sprained my ankle.  This is going to take awhile to heal......

1 comment:

The Williams said...

You can't leave us hanging...what happened??? So sorry!