Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Miranda!

Twenty-nine years ago at 4:49 pm this was Miranda (she's mad because she wasn't ready, even though she was 10 days past her due date).  I thought she would never arrive (isn't the waiting terrible?).  Phillip was so nervous because we lived in Sparkman, but I was having her in Little Rock (1 1/2 hours away).  The doctor finally scheduled a C-section:


A couple of hours later, she was polished up and had a cute little red bow in her hair, so she was feeling a little sassy:

I think the waiting was even harder on Melissa - she was so happy to have a little sister to play with!



I found a few birthday pictures to share.  Birthday #1:

I remember birthday #2 because she was sick.  We had taken her to the doctor that morning in LR, but she still had fever....you can see it in her eyes...

I was noticing the cake in the picture above...pitiful....
Below is birthday #5 (Stephanie on the left).  Hey, this cake is a little better:


I don't know which one this is, but Anne is on the left and Stephanie on the right:


and just for fun (I can make fun of myself, too)...this is a picture of me in the parking lot of Baptist Medical center in LR on the way to deliver Miranda...

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!  Love, Mom

4 comments:

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

I LOVE IT!!! I remember the birthday party/sleepover Miranda and I had together. There was so much drama with all of us girls!!! I remember you had to come downstairs because girls were crying! LOL!

Evelyn said...

Great post! Too cute!

The Pitts Family said...

awwwhhhh! Happy Birthday Little Sis! I always wanted a little sister and I think I got the best one!! (even 29 years later!)

The Williams said...

So neat! I love seeing all the old pictures. I cannot believe that Miranda was 10 days late!!! Sweet post!