Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to School!

Melissa's post on back-to-school made me think about all of the excitement of getting ready for that first day....the new bag, new lunchbox, new outfit and shoes...how to wear hair...so exciting! Although I took pictures every year of that first day of school, I just pulled out a couple of pictures from the first day. This first one is 1983. Melissa is going into the 3rd grade (Miss Walter's class) and Miranda is worried about seeing her Sissy go (notice the GeeGee).


This set of pictures is from 1986. Melissa is going into 6th grade and Miranda is starting Kindergarten!


This is fall of 1988. Melissa is going into 8th grade and Miranda is going into 2nd grade.
Fall 1991. Melissa is going into 11th grade and Miranda is going into 6th grade.

4 comments:

The Pitts Family said...

The boys thought my "Melissa's Munchies" lunch box was sooo funny! (oh and you could have left out the poodle jr high hair!)

The Williams said...

I LOVE these pictures! The 11th grade picture of Melissa makes me laugh. She looks like she is wishing that you weren't taking her picture on 26th street while everyone is driving by on their way to school!!! Fun times.

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

I LOVED this post!!! I wanted to see EVERY year!!! So funny :)

Kara Oosterhous said...

Priceless! I'm thinking you should post prom pictures next! Ha Ha! Good times on 26th street - I have a million good memories of that house with those girls!