Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Colorado

I got home from my Shreveport trip around 12:30 am so I was a little tired Sunday morning. Although I had not packed a thing for the trip before I left, we were able to get our stuff together and leave around 11:00 AM. We made it to Wichita Kansas before stopping.

Monday morning – we slept late today and then headed out. We’re going north to I-70 and then heading west into Silverton, Colorado. We were planning to stay in Boulder, but found out that they are having a big Memorial Day celebration and expecting 80,000 people to participate. We did not want to fight crowds in a strange town. Silverton is where we spent our Honeymoon – we skied in Keystone. We are actually staying in the same hotel. I didn’t realize when I made the reservation – too funny.

About 50 miles outside of Salina, Kansas we started seeing a windmill farm. It continued for about 20 miles - amazing! I know that some people object to windmill farms, but they provide clean energy and I think that they are pretty. Some of these are painted a pale blue-gray and blend into the skyline very well.

We stopped for dinner in Denver and arrived in Silverthorne around 8:00 pm. There is still snow on the ground around here and several of the ski runs are still open. It is 32 degrees with a light snow falling right now! We may have to buy a couple of sweatshirts. Girls, there is an outlet mall here with a Coach outlet - I should have waited before buying ya'lls wristlets :)

No comments: